To contain the spread of COVID-19 virus, the state government had imposed certain restriction measures till July 30th. However, after a review of the current situation of the pandemic, State Executive Committee of West Bengal State Disaster Management Authority recommended further extension of restriction measures as already in force with graded and calibrated approach to relaxations as required.
Accordingly, in terms of the restriction measures notified earlier, the following additional relaxation will be imposed till August 15:
- Government programmes may be allowed in indoor places with not more than 50 % of the total seating capacity.
- Wearing of masks, maintenance of physical distancing and Health & hygiene protocol must be followed at all times
- Employers/ management bodies / owners / supervisors of all offices, establishments and work places shall be responsible for provisioning of all COVID safety measures including regular sanitization of work places, vaccination of employees and for compliance of stated directives and COVID appropriate norms.
- Work from home must be encouraged as far as possible and practical.
- All outdoor activities including movement of people and vehicles shall be strictly prohibited between 9 PM to 5 AM except for health services, law and order, essential commodities including agricultural produce and other emergency services.
- District administration, police commissionerates and local authorities shall ensure strict compliance of the stated directives. Any violation of the restriction measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Disaster Management Act, 2005 and under Indian Penal Code.
This order shall come into effect from 31/07/2021