Student dies of electrocution while going to school in Malbazar

Malbazar, 09th April: 10-year-old Priya Toppo died due to electrocution while on her way to school. She was a resident of Saili Chell Line of Saili Tea Garden under Malbazar block.


The tragic incident occurred, on Saturday, when Priya was heading to Mansa Hindi Junior High School located at Saili Haat. She accidentally stepped into a water-logged pothole where an overhead electric cable had fallen. Priya died on the spot due to electrocution. After the incident, the agitated locals protested in the area. 

Later, a huge police force from Malbazar police station reached the spot, recovered the body and sent it for post-mortem. Meanwhile, the electricity department has assured to give financial compensation to the victim's family members.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.