Fire breaks out in Siliguri's Bidhan Market

Siliguri 27th May: Sensational prevailed after a fire broke out in a local businessman Biplab Saha's shop in Murgi Hatti located in Bidhan Market of Siliguri. 


Locals spotted black smoke coming out of the rice shop in the morning and informed the fire brigade. Upon receiving the information, the firefighters reached the spot and doused the fire. The police and electricity department of the Panitanki outpost also reached the spot.

According to the Fire department, the incident might have occurred due to a short circuit. Today Bidhan Market was saved due to the prompt action of the local vendors and the fire department. Shop owner Biplab Saha added that the fire had taken a formidable form. 


Gopal Guha, a local businessman, also stated that firefighters conducted a training campaign for fire prevention a few days ago. The fire was brought under control using the same training.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.