Fire breaks out in closed cold storage in Siliguri

Siliguri, 03rd December: Sensation prevailed after a fire broke out in closed cold storage near 2 1/2 Mile, Siliguri. All goods stored inside the warehouse were burnt to ashes in the incident. However, no casualties have been reported.

Reportedly, the locals sighted black smoke coming out from the cold storage this morning and immediately reported the incident to the fire brigade. Upon receiving the news, two fire engines reached the spot and extinguished the fire after several hours of effort.

Meanwhile, the locals said that the cold storage has been shut down for a long time. At present, anti-social activities take place in the evening. They speculated that the fire might have been caused by a cigarette or some flammable substance that was thrown inside the cold storage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *