2 Malda women burnt to death after their sarees caught fire from a clay stove

Malda, 27th February: Sensation prevailed after 2 women, identified as Pinky Biswas (21) and her mother-in-law Champa Rani Biswas (45), were burnt to death in the Raniganj area under Gazole police station.

It was reported that the duo was cooking dinner for their family members on Wednesday night, during which Pinky’s saree accidentally caught fire from a clay stove. While trying to save her, her mother-in-law also suffered severe burn injuries.

After the incident, their family members and the locals rushed them to the hospital in a critically injured condition. Pinky died on Wednesday late night and her mother-in-law succumbed to her injuries on Thursday morning. The police have launched an investigation into the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *