Siliguri, 07th February: Siliguri’s Mayor Goutam Deb reached Siliguri’s Punjabi Para’s residence which was affected by the tragic fire on Tuesday in Ward No. 13 just two days ahead of the wedding. The incident created a stir in the area.
Reportedly, a pre-wedding ceremony was going on in the house when tragedy struck after the house caught fire due to a short circuit from AC. The fire completely gutted the household goods.
As soon as the news of the fire was received, two fire engines reached the spot and brought the fire under control. Meanwhile, after getting the news of the incident, the Mayor reached the area and took stock of the houses damaged by the fire and assured of all possible help to the victim’s family.