Cooch Behar, 03rd February: Four shops were burnt to ashes due to catastrophic fire in the Sitalkuchi Bazar of Cooch Behar district. According to sources, the people sighted the fire coming out from the four shops, late night on Sunday and tried to extinguish the fire. 5 people were injured in the incident.
The incident was, later, reported to the Fire Department. Upon receiving the news of the incident, 4 fire engines reached the spot and brought the fire under control. Properties worth around 70 lakh rupees were burnt to ashes in the incident. The firefighters have primarily assumed that the fire broke out due to a short circuit. The incident is currently being investigated.