Siliguri, 24th March: A fire broke out at a carton godown near Baneshwar More adjacent to Siliguri Eastern Bypass, on Wednesday night.
Locals spotted black smoke coming out of the godown and informed the fire brigade and Ashighar outpost police. Upon receiving the news, a fire engine reached the spot and extinguished the fire.
According to the fire department, the fire broke out due to a short circuit. The owner of the godown said that valuables worth more than lakhs were destroyed. An investigation has been launched into the incident.