Electricity pole caught fire in Siliguri's Bidhan Market; fire was extinguished by the efforts of traders

Siliguri, 03rd September: Chaos arose in the area of Bidhan market due to a short circuit in an electric pole near Radha Gobind temple. However, with the efforts of locals and traders fire was extinguished and was brought under control and thus, prevented from a major mishap and casualty.  


Reportedly, today the locals noticed smoke and fire on an electric pole in the area and informed the fire department and the police. Recently, the fire station organized an awareness camp at Bidhan Market and also gave training on how to control fire in emergencies.

With the training, the members of the market committee and businesspeople quickly brought the fire under control. At the same time, as soon as the news of the incident was received, the police of Panitanki Out-post, employees of the electricity department, and fire brigade reached the spot. According to the fire department, the fire was caused by a short circuit.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.