Two died, one critically injured while cleaning a septic tank in Cooch Behar 

Cooch Behar, 30th May: Two sanitation workers died while one was critically injured allegedly after inhaling poisonous gases while cleaning a septic tank. The news surfaced from Pestarjhar area of ​​Chakchaka Gram Panchayat under Pundibari police station of Cooch Behar. The deceased have been identified as Bijay Sarkar and Pranav Sarkar. 


As per the report, the labourers had gone to the house of Kalidas Debnath, a resident of the Pestarjhar area, to clean the septic tank. Initially, Bijay went inside the tank. On seeing him gasp for air, Pranav jumped in to rescue him. However, he too lost consciousness after inhaling the gases inside the tank. The third labourer dived in to help his colleagues but soon fell sick too. While the duo died on the spot due to suffocation, the third worker was rescued and rushed to the hospital. 

On the other hand, the Pundibari police, reached the spot, recovered the bodies, and sent them to Coochbehar MJN Medical College and Hospital for post-mortem.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.