Kalimpong, 12th April: Union Home Minister Amit Shah held a roadshow in Kalimpong, on Monday. The BJP leader was accompanied by Darjeeling MP Raju Bista, party candidate from Kalimpong assembly Suva Pradhan, Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) President Mann Ghising.
The roadshow was participated by thousands of supporters who marched through various parts of the town before turning into a public meeting. Home Minister Amit Shah while addressing the public chanted 'Jai Gorkha' slogan.
Let's take a glance at what Home Minister Amit Shah said in today's public meeting:
- I am deeply indebted to the love and support the people of Kalimpong has given me
- I would like to pay tribute to Guruji Mangaldasji Maharaj who made several orphanages and temples to serve the people of Kalimpong, freedom fighter Jangbir Sapkota and Damber Singh Gurung who was the only Gorkha in the nation’s Constituent Assembly and Ari Bahadur Gurung, the Gorkha who signed the approved copy of the Indian Constitution when it was adopted
- Kalimpong suffered for years. In 1986 CPM oppressed you, over 1200 Gorkhas lost their lives. You were not given justice. When Didi came, she took the lives of several Gorkhas. You were not given justice. Choose 'Lotus' govt, we will form SIT and send them behind bars
- Gorkhas and BJP are a match made in heaven. Gods have sent Gorkhas and BJP as brothers. This time we sent our Gorkha brother Raju Bista to you. He briefs me for hours regarding the issues of Darjeeling hills
- We will set up a dedicated TV channel in the Nepali language
- We will establish a Sainik School in Darjeeling to provide quality school education in the region
- Misinformation is being spread that if NRC will be brought, Gorkhas will be ousted. NRC hasn't been brought yet. But even if it's brought, not even one Gorkha will be ousted. TMC lies. Not even one Gorkha will be affected
- We will work in collaboration with the Central Government to recognise the 11 left-out Indian Gorkha sub-tribes as Schedule Tribes
- We will ensure Parja Patta rights to residents living in Tea Garden, Cinchona Garden, Forest Villages, and DI Fund land.
- We will increase wages for tea garden workers to 350 per day
- BJP will allot Rs 1000 crore to set up AIIMS, a Central University in North Bengal and make Darjeeling hills are tourist hub
- BJP promises to provide free and quality education to all female students from KG to PG. Women will be able to travel in buses, trains and metros free of cost
- Arrear of Rs 18,000 will be released to each of the 75 lakh farmers due to the non-implementation of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi in the past three years
- 'Didi' has committed numerous crimes. But we should not avenge her crimes with violence. We will take revenge for crimes with ballots. I urge you to make sure BJP wins in all three seats of the hills.