Rajganj, 15th June: A house has been destroyed in a major fire that broke out in the Sahudangi area of Binnaguri Gram Panchayat in Rajganj, on Tuesday morning.
As per the report, Tushtamohan Roy and his son stepped out of their house this morning. Later, their house caught fire around 11 am. The locals initially started putting out the fire after noticing the blaze. Upon receiving the news, a fire engine from Fulbari reached the spot. However, the house was destroyed by then.
House owner Tushtamohan Roy said that all valuables and necessary documents were burnt in the incident.
Meanwhile, Gram Panchayat Pradhan Shashi Chandra Barman reached the spot after receiving the news. He said that the fire might have broken out due to a short circuit. He further assured that the family will be assisted on behalf of the gram panchayat.