Siliguri, 10th April: Ahead of the polls in Darjeeling District, Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a public meeting at Kawakhali, Siliguri on Saturday. Candidates and MPs from Darjeeling and Jalpaiguri assembly constituencies, and the state-centre leaders, were present at the meeting.
Addressing the public, the Prime Minister said in Bengali, ‘Namaskar Uttar Banga. How are you?
Let's take a glance at what Modi said in today's public meeting:
- The people of North Bengal have proved that Trinamool is going and BJP is coming to power.
- He appealed to people for 'Asal Parivartan' and 'Sonar Bangla'
- I am lucky to visit North Bengal again as North Bengal has given me a lot of love and blessings.
- If BJP comes to power, the party will do a lot of development in North Bengal including Siliguri. We are with you and will always stay by your side.
- Bengal will be free of Syndicate, Toolabaaz and cut money.
- We will build a new Bengal in this new year.
- 'Bumper' votes were cast for BJP in the first and third phases of the elections.
- The central government had launched many schemes for Bengal. But Didi's (Mamata Banerjee) people did not allow it to reach the common people.
- If BJP comes to power, the tea garden workers will get all sets of benefits.
- Out of fear of losing the elections, 'Didi' is showing ways to gherao the central forces. Nothing will be achieved by doing such things.
- I saw a video on social media, where Bengal's tourism minister is threatening people in front of the camera.
- Today's incident in Cooch Behar was very unfortunate.
- Didi and Trinamool's hooliganism will not work anymore.
- 'Asol Poriborton' (Real change) will come in Bengal.
- 'Didi' Bengal is not your zamindari. The people of Bengal have decided that you have to go.
- I can notice a huge crowd around. This place seems too small. The suffering of those who are standing in this hot weather will not go in vain.