Siliguri, 16th October: Rogi Kalyan Samiti (Patient Welfare Committee) of Siliguri held a meeting on Friday, under the leadership of Dr Rudra Nath Bhattacharya, Chairman RKS at Siliguri District Hospital.
The meeting was attended by CMOH Dr P. Acharya, Superintendent Dr Amitava Mondal, Dy. Superintendent, Nursing Superintendent, PED Civil, Electrical Engineers and other staff of the hospital.
During the meeting, the following resolutions were passed:
1. Six DNB seats will soon be available in the Siliguri District Hospital. These will include Anesthesia, Eye and Paediatric departments. The move has been considered to be a big boon for the doctors as well as the hospital as there are only two seats in each department.
2. Specialists doctors in various departments including the long-awaited Psychiatric department will also be joining before the pujas. The decision comes following discussion with the state CM.
3. Beautification of Fever Clinic and Geriatric Clinic. Around Rs 1 lakh has been sanctioned for the project.
4. Sum of Rs 2,61,585 has been sanctioned for the renovation of Hospital Morgue verandah and allied work by the Health department
5. Central line oxygen supply for medicine wards will be arranged soon. Presently the hospital has Central O2 supply in CCU, SNCU, Emergency and Dialysis unit.
6. Three orphans who had been up for adoption have been sent to Cooch Behar and Jalpaiguri as per the government order.
7. Considering the space problems being face by the patients, the intervention of CM Mamata Banerjee will be urged in order to utilize the 9,000 sq feet of vacant space for expansion of maternity beds, paediatric care n new OT complex n other OPD expansion.
8. In view of the current COVID situation and government orders, no leave will be permitted to health care providers of all categories. Exceptional cases will be examined by the Superintendent of the hospital.
9. Five persons who have been admitted in the hospital for a long time with no trace of family members, will be shifted to Missionaries of Charity Homes for further care.