Several shops burnt to ashes in a major fire in Baruipur Kachari Bazar

Baruipur, 04th August: Several shops were burnt to ashes in a catastrophic fire in South 24 Parganas Baruipur Kachari Bazar, on Monday late night.

According to sources, the locals first sighted smoke and fire coming out from the garment shops. The blaze gradually spread to the nearby areas. The incident was then reported to the Baruipur fire brigade. However, after about an hour, two fire engines reached the spot and started extinguishing the fire. 6 more fire engines were called in later.

Under the initiative of the local councillor, another fire engine reached the spot from Kolkata. However, the firefighters had a tough time to tame the unruly blaze.

Reportedly, more than one hundred shops have been damaged and valuables worth crores were destroyed in the incident. While the cause of the fire has not been confirmed, it has been primarily assumed that the fire broke out due to a short circuit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *