Siliguri, 29th November: An incident of mishap surfaced where a massive fire broke out in front of the primary station of the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) at NJP in Siliguri.
According to reports, the fire originated in a garage located in front of the IOC on Friday afternoon and quickly engulfed three consecutive stores. Meanwhile, the IOC officials began using foam to douse the raging inferno as soon as it erupted. Subsequently, two fire engines arrived at the location and extinguished the fire within half an hour. However, the fire spread throughout the surrounding region.
Due to the incident, panic gripped the residents as they evacuated the area. Meanwhile, Ward No. 35 Councilor Shampa Nandi arrived at the scene and spoke with the affected businessmen upon learning about the occurrence. In the meantime, the local reports state that a short circuit during the operation of the machinery in the garage may have caused the fire.