A woman died due to electrocution in Shamulatla of Alipurduar district. The name of the deceased has been identified as Lakshmi Mandal. She was a resident of Shalbari area of Barpeta district of Assam.
The said woman used to work as a worker in Shamulatla. It is known that on Thursday morning, other workers saw Laxmi Mandal wrapped in wires in the bathroom.
After this she was taken to the hospital, where the doctors declared her dead.The police has recovered the body and sent it for post-mortem and has started investigating the incident.