News has been received of three people’s death after being trapped in a well. This painful incident happened today in the Maharaja Colony area of Siliguri. The incident has silenced the area. Police and fire department have started investigating the incident.
According to local sources this morning, while installing a pump in a well, a screw fell in the well in the house belonging to Maharaja Colony area, for which a member of the house got down in the well to remove it. After landing in the well, the person got trapped there. After this, two people came down to the well to save him and both of them also got trapped in the well. After this, the information was given to the fire department and police.
Officials of the fire brigade and police arrived at the spot after getting the news. The fire brigade personnel evacuated the three people from the well and sent them to the hospital where the doctors declared the three dead. The primary estimation of fire brigade personnel is that all three have died due to any type of gas leak or short circuits.