Kali Puja is also celebrated along with the festival of Diyas that is, Deepawali. In view of these festivals, the Siliguri Traffic Police has decided to stop the traffic on the main roads of the city to deal with the problem of traffic jams in the city. This rule will be followed till 9 November. Today the traffic on the main roads of the city will be closed from 6 p.m. till 4 a.m. tomorrow. Apart from this, traffic will remain closed from 4 pm to 4 am on 7th, 8th and 9th of next morning.
Take a look at the places where the movement of vehicles is allowed according to the said rules and the places where the traffic is closed: –
1) Buses will be available from Nokaghat in the routes to Assam, Cooch Behar and Jalpaiguri
2) Buses going to Kolkata and Bihar will start the journey from Transport Nagar.
3) Buses going to the hills will be available from Khalpada
4) Small vehicles, bikes, scooty etc. will be required to use Sevoke Mod to go to Vidhan Road to Panitunki Mod and Venus Mod.
5) All types of vehicles will be closed on Tilak road and Pakurtala road.