A sudden fire accident occurred in New Jalpaiguri branch of Central Bank of India in Bhaktinagar of Siliguri. The incident took place on Tuesday afternoon.
It is known that due to short circuit, there was a fire, due to which power connections were interrupted and the bank was filled with black smoke throughout. After this, all the customers were escorted out of the bank. The employees of the bank were also horrified and came out. The incident's information was given to the fire department.
However, the fire was extinguished even before the fire engines came. Until the news was written, the extent of the damage was not ascertained.