A soldier of the Border Security Force died after he came into contact with live wires and suffered an electrical shock in the store room of the Bheempur B.O.P at the Hili border in South Dinajpur.
The name of the deceased has been stated to be Prakash Singh. He hailed from Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand.
It has been found that Singh had gone to place a box in the store room last night when his hand touched a live wire and led him to suffer an electrical shock.
Singh’s fellow BSF soldiers rushed him to the Hili Block Health Centre, where the doctors declared him to be dead. Singh’s body was then sent to the Balurghat District Hospital for the postmortem report.