Home / Cooch Behar / Child dies and one injured after coming in contact with electricity in Coochbehar

Child dies and one injured after coming in contact with electricity in Coochbehar

A child died when she came in contact with electricity while playing in the poultry farm, while another child was seriously injured. The incident happened in the Waneshwar colony of Cooch Behar-2 No.block.

The name of the deceased child is stated as Indrakshi Sarkar, while Kaushik Sarkar, the wounded child is currently battling life and death in a nursing home in Coochbehar. In the details of the incident, it was told that in the evening, both the children belonging to a local called Krishna Sarkar from the area, went to the poultry farm, where they both got electrocuted.

After this, both the seriously injured children were taken to Cooch Behar MJN Hospital, where the doctor declared Indrakshi Sarkar dead. Local people have alleged that the owner of the poultry farm was asked to remove the poultry farm from there many times, but he did not do this.

Since the incident, there is mourning in the area. On the other hand, Indrajit Sarkar, owner of poultry farm, is absconding since the incident. Pundibadi police is searching for him.

Check Also

National Human Rights Comission’s team investigating Islampur shootout meets NBMCH superintendent

A team of National Human Rights Comission, which came from Delhi in connection with the …