Five houses were burnt to ashes in the fire at Sukhdevpur village in Bakrabad Gram Panchayat of Kaliyachak 3 number block. It is known that on Tuesday night, there was a fire in the house of a person named Vibhuti Mandal, a resident of the area.
Locals tried to extinguish the fire. After continous efforts by the locals, the fire was overcome.
By the time, however, the whole house had been burnt to ashes. This fire was due to short circuit.
It has been reported that there was a loss of about Rs 15 lakh in this fire.