Two shops were burnt in a fire incident that took place on Tuesday night in the Mekhaliganj bus stand enclosed market. In the incident, one shop was completely burnt to ashes, while more than half of the other store was burnt.
It is known in the details of the incident that some people were returning from a wedding ceremony last night at around 1:30 when they saw smoke coming out of a shop in the said area. The people informed the incident to the fire department, after which two fire engines of the fire brigade reached the spot and controlled the fire. Over one lakh rupees worth property has been lost in the fire. It is primarily estimated that the fire came from a short circuit.