All Party Meeting Concludes In Pintail Village
The all-party meeting for the issues of hills has concluded in the presence of Chief Minister, Mamata Banerjee in Pintail Village today. The Chief Minister shared the following information during the press conference:
1) The people who have lost their lives during the Gorkhaland movement will receive compensation if there are no criminal charges against them. The families of deceased will be given Rs. 2 lakhs while families of severely injured people will be given Rs. 50,000.
2) The teachers of Darjeeling will be given salaries but they will have to complete the syllabus during the holidays.
3) The people who have worked during the strikes will be granted 15 days of leave.
4) Tourism Festival will also be organized in Darjeeling.
5) GTA has been instructed to commence Darjeeling Gold Cup.
6) Various cultural programmes and students youth festival will be organized.
7) A hospital with 100 beds will be constructed in Mirik.
8) Legal steps will be taken against the owners of the tea estate, who have not given bonus to the tea workers.
9) Discussion will be made on the demand for including Nepali subject in WBCS.
10) The government is planning to establish college in Takda and Tindharia of Kurseong.
11) At the end, the Chief Minister said that she will declare the dates for the next meeting in 2 or 3 days.